Administration of Safeguarding God’s Children (SGC) and People (SGP)
- Each parish is solely responsible for their record keeping
- Each parish is to have access to the updated Policy and Procedure Manual and incident report along with the phone number and online access to reporting any suspected child abuse. See mandatory reporting.
- When taking the face to face training a certificate of completion will be given for each personnel and volunteer file.
- The certificate includes the date of training.
- The file also should include copies of background checks.
- When taking the online training, a certificate of completion may be printed out for each person’s file.
- For the policy on the administration of clergy personnel and volunteer records, click here and here.
Questions about volunteers?
Please read “Keep Kids Safe”.
Questions about employees?
- If you are employed by the church or have not lived in the State of PA for 10 years, you will need an FBI check.
- Diocese of Central PA policy and Procedure manual, click here.
Questions about Mandatory Reporting?
For all employees and volunteers who work in direct contact with youth, you are also considered a mandatory reporter of child abuse. This means you have a responsibility to report any suspected abuse of a child under the age of 18 to Child Protective Services. Mandated reporters must make an immediate and direct report of suspected child abuse to ChildLine either electronically at www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis or by calling 1 (800) 932-0313. More information can be found at Keep Kids Safe PA Home. Training for mandatory reporters can be found online at the Safeguarding God’s Children website.
For congregational administrators of SGC and SGP
New updated information and resources for your congregational use:
- Sample Application for volunteers and church personnel
- Sample Youth and or Children’s Ministry Registration Form with behavior covenant
- To take action on the SGC and SGP information, click here for the mandated Reporter Action Plan to be developed with others in your parish.
- For incident report template and for suggested registration template for children and youth events, click here.
- For an Affidavit of Residency and Criminal History, click here.
To order training kits, click here.
For more information, please contact the Rev. Robyn Szoke-Coolidge, email@example.com or (717) 236-5959 x1112.