DIOCPA Policy and Background Checks
To view the Episcopal Diocese of Central Pennsylvania Safe Church Policy and Procedure Manual, click here.
Background clearances are required before Safeguarding God’s Children Training and for anyone 18 years and older who are involved with and/or have oversight in children and youth ministries.
You will need the following clearances to be up to date (once every 5 years)
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check*
* If you are employed by the church or have not lived in the State of PA for 10 years, you will need an FBI check, fingerprinting needs pre-registration.
If you are a volunteer and have lived in Pennsylvania for the past 10 years, you must affirm a 10-year Pennsylvania residency by signing the Volunteer Affirmation sheet, click here.
To obtain clearances, click here.
CPA Implications for parishes
- Renewal of SGC Training is once every five years.
- Vestries and Leadership are encouraged to take SGP online.
- For access to the Safeguarding online Modules, a Parish coordinator needs to contact the Rev. Brenda Taylor, Deacon, email@example.com, for their username and password
- Each Parish is responsible for keeping all files up to date, a certificate of completion may be printed out through the online training.
- Each person will need their own access to SGC online. For a list of suggested modules when renewing, click here.