Safeguarding God’s Children is required for all clergy and those 18 years or older working with or having regular contact with children and youth in any capacity for mission and ministry.
The purpose of this training is
1) To educate and advocate for children and families
2) To provide Safe Church Resources for mandatory training in the Diocese of Central PA
3) To comply with Child Protection Laws in Pennsylvania.
There are two Safeguarding Programs offered in the Diocese of Central PA
Face to Face Training: The first training for a volunteer or employee of the church is required to be in person
Each face to face training includes the use of a power point that clarifies questions of PA laws and Diocesan policy and procedure, please review.
Background clearances required before SGC Training and for anyone 18 years and older who serve in children and youth ministries.
Click here to apply for your clearances every five years. You will need the following clearances to be up to date:
* For the Pennsylvania State Criminal Background Check, click here.
* For the Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance, click here.
If you are employed by the church or have not lived in the State of PA for 10 years you will need FBI check:
* For Pennsylvania Fingerprinting Locations, click here.
For more information about our Diocesan Policy and Procedure Manual 2016, click here.
Every parish should have a hard copy in their office, with clear mandatory reporting instructions.
For congregational administrators of SGC and SGP new updated information and resources for your congregational use:
To order training kits, click here.
For more information, please contact The Rev. Robyn Szoke-Coolidge,firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-236-5959.