Renewing your Safe Church certificate
Getting your Certification
Please note the changed protocol for enrolling in Safe Church- individuals can now visit the Praesidium website and enter a code to sign up based on their congregation or entity.
Renewing your Safe Church Certificate
- Visit https://www.praesidiumacademy.com/ and click on “Sign In” located in the upper right corner of the page, adjacent to the “Cart” button.
If you have previously signed into Praesidium, you will be able to use your username and password. If you have forgotten it, you can reset it on the login page.
To Enroll for the First Time
- Go to
- Fill in your contact information including First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and desired Password.
- Enter the appropriate registration code for your organization. (Download the spreadsheet to find your parish’s registration code) *If you can’t find your church on the list, click “control-f” to search, or contact email@example.com.
- Click Validate to confirm registration code.
- Click the checkbox to agree to the Terms & Conditions.
- Click Redeem.
- Write down your user login and password for future reference.
- Answer the Registration Questions about your status and role within the organization. (View the required courses by position/role in your parish.)
- Click Save & Continue.
- To begin taking training immediately, scroll down and click a course to start the content.
- When you have completed the required trainings, send your transcript (Under Accounts on the top right in Praesidium) to your Safe Church Manager.
Please note: Our Diocesan Safe Church policy training is now valid for three years (updated from five years based on TEC requirements).